Mataway® Overseeder delivers seed straight to the curve-shaped discs, placing it directly into the soil slits for unmatched seed-to-soil contact. You can seed at variable rates for different grass varieties and applications. The seed flow rate is easily controlled right from the operator’s station, and the flow stops automatically when the reel is raised for maximum control and precise operation. In addition to the 4-cycle Honda GX390, recoil start and it’s 23.7 in (389 cc) displacement it’s Cutting Depth is adjustable for any desired depth to 1.5 in. (38 mm).
OPTIONAL VERTICAL SLICER/DETHATCHER REELS
Flail Blade Type . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1/8 in. (3 mm) at 1 in. (25 mm)
Fixed Blade Type . . . . . . . . . . . . 1/32 in. (1 mm) at 1/2 in. (13 mm)
Overseeding, when needed, will improve a lawn significantly and make it much harder for weeds to become established. Grass needs to be revitalized every few years or when there have been drought situations in your area. Overseeding compensates for that natural slowdown of the turf’s reproduction. There are two major benefits to overseeding:
- You ensure your customers’ lawns stay thick and dense
- A disease resistant lawn
The new varieties of seed you sow this year will have better disease resistance than those varieties already in your customers’ lawn.
High-productivity vertical overseeder slices, dethatches and overseeds in one pass.
Many Benefits of Overseeding:
- Fill in bare spots, improve density and color of turf and establish improved grass varieties.
- Reduce the amount of fertilizer, water and pesticides required.
- Easy Selection, Precise Control – Heavy-duty snap out reels with 2″ spacing and depth control for the results you expect.
- Seed Flow Control – Adjustable overseeder for proper turf seed flow; Clear seed tubes allow operator to check seed flow; Seed flow automatically stops when reel is raised.
- Increased Productivity – Increase productivity by dethatching and overseeding at the same time; 2″ seed spacing allows 1-pass seed application.